Calls for Submission & Submission Guidelines
If you’re interested in writing for Quilting Daily or having one of your quilt designs featured online or in one of our magazines, we’d love to hear from you! Please spend some time reviewing the submission guidelines below before submitting any concepts or designs.
We do our best to respond in a timely manner, but due to the large volume of submissions we receive, it’s not always possible for us to respond to every request. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
We invite you to submit your original designs to be considered for publication in any of the following Quilting Daily products. If you’d like to receive our call for submissions emails, contact us at [email protected] to be added to our contact list.
Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting Magazine
Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting is a celebration of community that speaks to the heart of today’s quilter. Accompanied by Love of Quilting TV, we explore traditional styles and how quilters today interpret them.
McCall’s Quilting Magazine
McCall’s Quilting is all about customizing your quilts to your lifestyle, and actually using them. With seasonal inspiration & alternate pattern layouts, McCall’s makes it easy to enhance your home and your life.
Quick & Easy Quilts Magazine
Quick + Easy Quilts offers lighthearted, beginner-friendly projects for quilters of all experience levels. This is the magazine to grab when you need a baby quilt, a quick gift idea, or a fun weekend project!
Quiltmaker speaks to the passionate quilter, sharing with them techniques from around the globe with a focus on the people behind the quilts.
Quilting Arts Magazine
Covering everything from rich surface design to over-the-top embellishment, Quilting Arts is the premier resource for passionate art quilters.
Click here to learn about the submission process
Current Calls for Submissions
- Submissions for Love of Quilting May/June ’24Diamonds are a Quilter’s Best Friend The issue theme for Love of Quilting May/June ’24 is: Diamonds are a Quilter’s Best Friend. We invite you…
- Submissions for Quiltmaker May/June ’24Last year we created a very special issue of Quiltmaker dubbed “The Color Issue” where I personally invited 8 designers to participate in making quilts…
- Closed: Submissions for McCall’s Quilting May/June ’24We’re on the hunt for inspiring quilt designers and writers to feature in McCall’s Quilting!
- Closed: Submissions for Quick+Easy Quilts April/May ’24We are no longer accepting submissions for this issue. Scrappy Finish / Spring Holiday Our readers love a good scrap quilt—they want to use their…
- Submissions for QuiltCon Magazine 2024QuiltCon Magazine is a special publication brought to you by the editors of Quilting Arts in close association with the Modern Quilt Guild®. The magazine…
All submissions must be original, unpublished designs. We are interested in designs suitable for all skill levels. Appliqué, foundations or templates should have patterns that will fit onto one or two magazine pages. We also like to include designs that use precuts, like 2½” strips, 5” and 10” squares. A colored drawing of your design on graph paper or a computer rendering is preferred. Only electronic submissions will be considered for acceptance. We do not accept physical submissions.
Submit a clear image of your entire quilt. It can be a detailed drawing or a computer rendering from EQ or another drawing program. The format should be either JPG, TIFF, or PDF if digital.
If accepted, you will be required to send us basic instructions for your quilt. Our staff will edit instructions into our magazine style.
Please DO NOT send us your physical quilt unless it has been accepted by our acquisitions team.
Design Selection & Payment
Because we strive for balance in theme, color and pattern complexity, you may be asked to modify your design.
All quilts are sent to Golden, CO for photography and patterning. Quilts will be returned to owners upon publication.
If your design is selected, a contract will be sent to you that includes publication rights and payment amount.
Compensation is determined based on a number of factors and will be communicated to you upon acceptance.
Digital Article Submissions
We welcome writers who share our quilty obsession to contribute to our website!
Your article can be about anything quilt-related including personal stories, techniques, trends, patterns, and more.
Email a proposal including the title of your article and a few sentences about the topic to [email protected]. Please include the phrase “Digital Article” in the subject line.